May is Mental Health Month
What Month is Mental Health Month? May!
Healthcare professionals need to take care of themselves. Since May is Mental Health Awareness month we would like to list a few simple ways to improve your mental health and reduce stress.
- Walk Outside. Skip the gym and head for the great outdoors. Exercising is a great boost to your mental health going for a walk or run outside can give you even more health benefits.
- Take vitamin B-12. You are always helping your patients but do you take your own advise? Studies have shown that sever deficiency of B-12 can lead to depression, anxiety and more harmful problems.
- Set Simple Goals. Set goals for yourself. Such as I will take two minutes each day to focus on breathing and be specific as possible. Once you’ve accomplished that goal, reward yourself!
- Listen to calming music. Not sure about this, that’s OK you can still get the anxiety reducing benefits by opting for tracks that are slow and simple. But you may be doing your patients good by helping them to relax and reduce their anxiety while in your office. Everyone will benefit.
- Use Lavender Oil. Lavender oil has been shown to improve your sleep quality and help if you are having trouble sleeping. Put a few drops on your pillow or try drinking a bit of lavender tea before bed to gets its health benefits.
- Spend money on someone else. Your happiness level will go way up. Your will feel happier throughout your day. You can give small amounts of money or donate large amounts both will be perfectly effective.
- Meditate. We have heard this before. Meditate for relaxation but it’s so hard to find the time. Meditation can increase the brain’s emotional regulator and can help combat depression, anxiety, stress, insomnia and so much more. You don’t have to meditate for long periods of time just three to five minutes to start will give you health benefits and get you comfortable with the silence. Maybe this should be one of your simple goals to meditate at least three to five minutes a day.
To see more on simple ways to improve your mental health at mashable.com.
Insurance Innovations is a leader in providing professional liability insurance. Our practice is simple: Provide unmatched service and value for our customers through a quality array of products and services.
All contents provided here are for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Always consult your legal counselor or adviser as to the suitability of using this information in your business or practice.